Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Freeze Half Fare travel card

EzraCaleb
New Author
0 Likes

Dear SBB team,

I am currently not able to use the half fare travel card due to the COVID outbreak since March. I want to ask if I can avail any refund for that? My second question is that I have to pay my invoice for this year by May 4, but looking at the situation right now, I am not sure if I will be able to travel a lot with it around. Should I still pay for it or wait for the situation to get better and then pay it? Please help me in this regard.

Best,

EleonoraS
0 Likes

Hello @EzraCaleb 

Thank you for your question.

There is no refund for half-Fare travelcards for the Covid-19 pandemic. If you are not using your travelcard, you can cancel it. The delay to do so is 30 days before renewal. If your abonnement renews on May 5th, you still have a couple of months to decide. Either cancel it, on April 4th at the latest, so it will not renew, or pay the bill by May 4th to enjoy one more year of subscription.

The cancellation can be done online on swisspass.ch, per telephone at our SBB Contact Center (0848 44 66 88 - CHF 0.08/min), per mail at halbtax@sbb.ch or at a SBB Ticket counter.

Kind regards and happy New Year

EleonoraS