Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Family Travel with different Passes / Cards

Clare
0 Likes

Hi, I really hope someone can help me!

I am travelling with my 14 year old son (and 2 adult children aged 19 and 23) using Interrail passes for most routes. We want to spend 3 days in the Bernese Oberland (including Jungfraujoch, which I know has separate pricing) including Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren and Grindelwald which are not covered by the Interrail pass.

Do I need an adult Swiss Travel Pass to apply for a Swiss Family Card, or would a Bernese Oberland regional pass or Half Price (adult) Travel pass also allow me to apply for a Family Card?

How much is a Half Price Travelcard for a child? 

Am I correct in thinking that all the above routes (except for Jungfraujoch from Kleine Scheideg) are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass for free or the Half Price card for half price for all?

I am sorry to ask such a lot of questions but hope someone can help me!

Thank you, Clare

Re: Family Travel with different Passes / Cards

BrendaD
Traveller (platinum)
0 Likes

Dear @Clare 

Thank you for your queries.

The Family card is available with both ticket (Swiss Travel Pass and Bernese Oberland Pass).

Children under 16 do not need any Half Fare Card, for the too young adults (19 -23) the price is the same as for adults: 120.- for a month

https://www.sbb.ch/de/freizeit-ferien/reisen-schweiz/internationale-gaeste/swiss-halffare-card.html

Here you can find all the routes included in the Swiss Travel Pass: 

https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwirr82GoIThA...

I hope I could answer your queries and wish you a good day.

For more information, we would be glad to help you via phone under: +41 848 44 66 88 (24/7)

Regards, 

BrendaD