Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Do children travel free when parents buy a Saver day pass using half price card?

SW625
New Author
0 Likes

I have bought a 1 month half price travel card and also have a Swiss family card to allow my children to travel for free with us but I wanted to confirm if children travel free we buy a Saver day pass using half price card?

Also in the drop down box for the children there is no option for Swiss family card, only Junior travel card or Childrens Co-travel card- if neither are checked the child fare is charge (on any ticket not just saver day passes). Do I need to book any train tickets for the children or do they just travel with us or do I book tickets but check the wrong type of travel card for the children?

Re: Do children travel free when parents buy a Saver day pass using half price card?

LauraV
0 Likes

Hello @SW625 

Thank you for your request.

With the Familycard the children do not have to be selected additionally to buy a ticket. Yes you can buy a Saver day pass with the half price card. 

I wish you a nice day. 

Kind regards, LauraV

Re: Do children travel free when parents buy a Saver day pass using half price card?

SW625
New Author
0 Likes

Thanks Laura, thats super helpful. Also if i buy a saver day card can the children still travel free on those journeys?

EleonoraS
0 Likes

Hello @SW625 

Thank you for your question.

If you hold a Swiss Travel Pass you may travel for free and so does your child (Swiss Travel Pass – the All-in-one-Ticket for Switzerland | SBB).

If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card (Swiss Half Fare Card – Switzerland at half the price | SBB) you have a right to buy tickets for the half of the price (single point to point tickets, day passes, saver tickets or saver day passes) and once you hold a valid ticket or day pass, your child can travel with you for free.

In both cases you need the Swiss Family Card (Swiss Family Card | Switzerland Tourism (myswitzerland.com))

I wish you a great time in Switzerland and send you my regards.

EleonoraS