Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

Day pass

New Author
0 Likes

I am traveling this month to Switzerland and I am interested in using your services for these routes: Zürich-chur and andermatt-Zürich the same day. I was wondering whether I could use the saver day pass, but I would like to ask for some informantion beforehand. Firstly, I would like to know whether the purchase means a discount on the tickets or it can be used as a ticket itself for unlimited traveling within the specified routes. Also, does this day pass include services of all different trains in Switzerland? Is there a limit to the distance and trips I can cover with the saver day pass? Lastly, I would like to ask whether you propose a better alternative to the saver day pass for covering the routes I mentioned within a day.                                                 Ps. We are 2 persons and we have ni half fare travelcard.                             Thank you in advance for any reply.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Traveller (platinum)
0 Likes

Hello @EffieChormova 

We cannot determine the reason why your credit card was declined. 

I can tell you, however, that payments by credit card will only take place if your credit card is enrolled for 3-D Secure. "Verified by Visa", "MasterCard SecureCode", "American Express SafeKey" and "Diners ProtectBuy" are based on a technology called 3D-Secure. This service ensures that only you may purchase online using your credit card.

If your credit card is signed on for 3D-Secure, a pop-up window will appear during the payment transaction, in which your 3D-Secure password is requested as well as your pre-selected security message. This pop-up window is automatically blended in by your credit card company and is not governed by the SBB. 

For further queries regarding payment using your credit card, please contact your credit card company.

Greetings, ValerieS

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hi @EffieChormova 

Thank you for your request.

You will find all the necessary information here:

https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/saver-day-pas...
See also the conditions under “Saver Day Pass terms and conditions”

With a few exceptions (see the map on the right under "Download"), you can use this card in all trains but be careful, some trains are subject to mandatory reservation (Glacier Express, Bernina Express for example). With this card, you can make as many trips as you want during the ticket validity period.

For any other questions, please contact directly our Railservice (+41 848 44 66 88).

Kinds regards
NicolasK

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes

Hello, i would like to thank you for your help! We have also one more problem. We tried many times to book our saver Day pass but when it` s time to pay we write correctly our Visa card details but the payment rejected all the time! We would be apreciate if you could help us! Thank you in advance!

New Author
0 Likes

E3DC7C29-9AEC-49F1-9F9B-3ECEBCA6AF0C.png

Highlighted

Traveller (platinum)
0 Likes

Hello @EffieChormova 

We cannot determine the reason why your credit card was declined. 

I can tell you, however, that payments by credit card will only take place if your credit card is enrolled for 3-D Secure. "Verified by Visa", "MasterCard SecureCode", "American Express SafeKey" and "Diners ProtectBuy" are based on a technology called 3D-Secure. This service ensures that only you may purchase online using your credit card.

If your credit card is signed on for 3D-Secure, a pop-up window will appear during the payment transaction, in which your 3D-Secure password is requested as well as your pre-selected security message. This pop-up window is automatically blended in by your credit card company and is not governed by the SBB. 

For further queries regarding payment using your credit card, please contact your credit card company.

Greetings, ValerieS

View solution in original post