Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Corona virus and cancellation of GA

New Author

I ordered my GA ticket (monthly paid) right at the beginning of this month (on 4 March), and I am enforced to work from home from 17 March due to Corona virus. I am aware that I cannot cancel GA during the first fourth months according to the contract conditions under normal circumstances. 

I am wondering whether the just-announced state emergency allows me to cancel my GA for the remaining three months? Otherwise, I will have to pay for the 3-month GA bills yet for nothing.

Highlighted

I have the same concern, I paid for 2 months of my GA but now I have to return to my home country (I'm an international student) so it's no use for me. Hoping for a quick feedback from SBB!

Highlighted

Traveller
0 Likes
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @Lil 

The existing convenient reimbursement conditions apply in accordance with the tariff: after four months, the GA travelcard can be cancelled at the end of each subscription month. In this case, 9% will be deducted from the purchase price for each month of subscription used. The remaining amount is refunded. This is practically equivalent to a pro rata refund.

The GA travelcard can also be deposited at the ticket Office, by mail or by telephone free of charge for 5-30 days.

Greetings 
ManuelaPf

Highlighted

0 Likes

I am wondering whether the just-announced state emergency allows me to cancel my GA for the remaining three months? Otherwise, I will have to pay for the 3-month GA bills yet for nothing.

I am an international student too and neither I nor any of my friends got the price reimbursement because of pandemic situation... Looks like the company suffered too much loosing money due to Covid-19...

writemyessay