Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Chris

SOLVED
Chrisford30

I am a tourist and I have an 8 day Swiss travel pass for 2 adults.Does this mean My children travel free or do I also need a family pass?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EleonoraS

Hello @Chrisford30 

Thank you for your question. 

Children from their 6th up to their 16th birthday accompanied by at least one parent (holding a Swiss Travel System ticket) travel free of charge on train, bus, boat and mountain railway with the complimentary Swiss Family Card. 
To get the Swiss Family Card you need to add your children as  passengers under ‘Add passengers’ when you buy your Swiss Travel Pass.

If you already purchased the STP and have not added them, please call our colleagues at the SBB Contact Center (0041 848 44 66 88, CHF 0.08/min): after checking with them, purchase a new STP (ncluding kids) while on the line, so that they can see the new order, and then wait for them to refund the first purchase. 

This operation should be no problem if the validity of your STP is in the future.

Have a great time in Switzerland!

EleonoraS

View solution in original post

1 REPLY
EleonoraS

Hello @Chrisford30 

Thank you for your question. 

Children from their 6th up to their 16th birthday accompanied by at least one parent (holding a Swiss Travel System ticket) travel free of charge on train, bus, boat and mountain railway with the complimentary Swiss Family Card. 
To get the Swiss Family Card you need to add your children as  passengers under ‘Add passengers’ when you buy your Swiss Travel Pass.

If you already purchased the STP and have not added them, please call our colleagues at the SBB Contact Center (0041 848 44 66 88, CHF 0.08/min): after checking with them, purchase a new STP (ncluding kids) while on the line, so that they can see the new order, and then wait for them to refund the first purchase. 

This operation should be no problem if the validity of your STP is in the future.

Have a great time in Switzerland!

EleonoraS