Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Can't buy tickets

Federico_L_G
New Author
0 Likes

Hello,

I'm trying to buy tickets from Zurich HB to Milan (and back), and whatever offer I choose, I alwasy get the following error:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 213516.png

I tried selecting a single trip at a time, changing train class and selecting different offers. I always get this.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't buy tickets

VlaznimA
0 Likes

Hello @Federico_L_G 

This journey continues from Lugano with a transfrontaliera to Milano Centrale. I recommend you to split the journey and book it in 2 steps: First from Zurich - Lugano and then from Lugano - Milano. This way the purchase shall be possible. The journey from Zurich - Milano Centrale includes a regional connection from Switzerland to Italy and therefore the ticket for the connection that crosses the border must be purchased separately.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.

View solution in original post

All Replies

VlaznimA
0 Likes

Hello @Federico_L_G 

This journey continues from Lugano with a transfrontaliera to Milano Centrale. I recommend you to split the journey and book it in 2 steps: First from Zurich - Lugano and then from Lugano - Milano. This way the purchase shall be possible. The journey from Zurich - Milano Centrale includes a regional connection from Switzerland to Italy and therefore the ticket for the connection that crosses the border must be purchased separately.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.

View solution in original post

Federico_L_G
New Author
0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy the last couple of days.

Your solution worked! I don't know if this was changed recently or I never had to buy a Zurich-Milan ticket with changes in the middle instead of a direct, but because of corona there are still less direct trains so probably I never had to do this before.

Thank you