Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Can I stop half way with to visit Bern with Individual Ticket?

ppremegi
0 Likes

Hi, I'm coming to Switzerland on 17th April and staying for few days at Grindelwald. I am landing at Basel Airport and then will get a train to Grindelwald. When trying to book tickets for me and my wife I can see two options - bear in mind I have already purchased Swiss Half Fair Pass.

Option 1 - Buy one Saver Day Pass (without HF travelcard) 2nd Class CHF 52 plus one Companion ticket for my wife CHF 38 - Total CHF 90

Option 2 - Buy two Individual tickets for CHF 38 each - CHF 76

My only doubt is that I want to stop over at Bern for few hours before I go to Grindelwald. Basically do Basel > Bern and then Bern > Grindelwald. I know that with Option 1 I can do this without problem since I can do multiple journeys, but can I do the same with Option 2? Stop for few hours and Bern and get back on the train to Grindelwald before the end of the day?

SandraI
0 Likes

Hallo @ppremegi,

You can do the same with the Option 2. You can stop for a few hours al Bern and leave the city with the same Ticket but you need to receive a confirmation of your trip interruption at the counter or through the personal on the train.

Have a nice trip

SandraI