Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Brig - Thun - Bern - Basel SBB route for Saver Day Pass?

Nauy
New Author
0 Likes

Dear SBB staff,

I would like to ask about Brig to Basel SBB or Basel Brig to Brig, which pass by Bern, Thun, and Spiez is including with  Saver Day Pass?

Due to I saw the red dot line on Synoptic map at SBB website.

One more thing about Saver Day Pass , which I can buy Saver Day Pass in half fare at 29 CHF. Then I can buy the sbb half fare travel card one month later?

Thank you very much!  

nrr1
Traveller (bronze)
0 Likes

(1)How many Saver Day Passes do you plan to use? You can buy a SDP without a 1/2 fare card and save the 1/2 fare card fee, for only ONE SDP (even though more expensive) it would be cheaper that way.

(2)Brig-Thun-Bern-Basel SBB is valid with a SDP, but there are TWO different routes: Brig-Visp-Thun using the Lotschberg Tunnel OR Brig-Thun (fewer trains per day) using the OLD route (before the new Lotschberg Tunnel) via Lotschberg Pass, more scenic than a tunnel!

Nauy
New Author
0 Likes
1. I plan to use for five days for round trips + may be two extra short trips each days.

2. So that mean the way through Lotschberg Tunnel (Visp to Thun) is cover too.Noted with thank!