Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

Best Way to Reach Rhine Falls from Zurich Hbf

New Author
0 Likes

Hello,

I am confused between so many different options of tickets and travel passes. I will arrive Zurich Airport on 18th September's morning. From there, I want to go to Rhine Falls and return to Zurich on the same day. In Zurich, I want to reach the Technopark to be exact.

I am looking for the best and cheapest route to do a round trip to and from Rhine Falls and then reach Technopark (inter-city travel). On Sunday, I will have to go back to the airport form there.

Which tickets/pass should I buy?

Any recommendations?

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @johnbehrend 

I would recommend you a Z-Pass OSTWIND-ZVV Day Pass with 9 Zones for your travel to the Rhine Falls and Technopark, Zurich. This Day Pass is valid the whole day and costs CHF 46.40. This offer is anytime available and I would recommend you to buy this day pass with the RailAway Rhine Falls on the SBB counter, as soon you'll arrive in Switzerland Zurich Airport. If you buy the day pass with the RailAway directly on the SBB counter, you'll receive on the RailAway 10-20% off. The RailAway to Rhine Falls itself costs CHF 20.50 per adult person. On Sunday you can buy a single ticket with 3 Zones from Zurich HB to Zurich Airport and costs CHF 6.80. Further information you'll receive also on our website or directly on the SBB counter.

Enjoy your trip!

Greets, VlaznimA.

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes

Is this day pass the same as the 9 o'clock day card? If not, what's the difference and how is this option better?

Highlighted

0 Likes

The 9 o'clock daypass is valid from 9 o'clock until 5 o'clock following day. The usual daypass is valid from 00:00 printed day until 5 o'clock following day. If you arrive in Zurich Airport/HB after 9 o'clock, I would recommend you the 9 o'clock daypass because it's a little cheaper. If you want to travel before 9 o'clock, this daypass is not valid and you have to buy the usual daypass. Further information you'll receive under https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/buying-options/buy-travelcards-and-tickets.html (regional fare networks).

Greets, VlaznimA.