Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Basel to Zermatt with a day saver pas(no half-fare pass)

xaris619
New Author
0 Likes

Dear,

I want to visit Zermatt from Basel. Can i do this using only the Saver Day pass? Which train should i get and which route should i take?

Also if i want to take the glacier express i should make a reservation only and then present the Saver Day pass?

Thank you in advance,

Charis

SandraI
0 Likes

Hi xaris619 

It is possible to use a Saver Day Pass for your journey from Basel to Zermatt. It doesn't matter which timetable your going to chose: www.sbb.ch/en.

The Saver Day Pass is also valid for a trip on the Glacier Express. Please note that seat reservations for the Glacier Express are mandatory and are not included in the train ticket: https://shop.glacierexpress.ch/gex_en/

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland.

Kind regards
SandraI

xaris619
New Author
0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

As i can see i can only buy the Saver Day pass only one month before right? 

The Saver Day pass need to be printed or i can use it on my phone?

Also on the reservation for Glacier Express what should i choose on the reduction if i will use the Saver Day pass? 1-day travel passe at your commune?Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance,

Charis

SandraI
0 Likes

Hi xaris619 

You're right, the Saver Day Pass can be purchased from 30 days in advance up to the day before travel. Since the offer is limited, we recommend to buy it at the earliest possible date.

You can either print out your ticket show it to the ticket inspector or display the confirmation e-mail directly on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.

You can choose "own ticket" as reduction for the Glacier Express.

Kind regards
SandraI