Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Additional zones in separate ticket

SOLVED
fLiPfLoP
New Author

Hi all,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to purchase additional zones in a separate ticket? Let's say I want to travel from Bern to Thun and I already have a day pass in the Bern area (zones 100 and 101). Would the ticket inspector accept it if I showed a separate ticket for the remaining zones even if my starting point is from Bern, as long as the ticket is within the validity period?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RolandP
Traveller (platinum)

Hi @fLiPfLoP 

Yes, you can buy additional zones, these tickets are named 'Libero extension ticket'. https://www.mylibero.ch/de/tickets/anschlussbillett (German / French only).

If you leave the fare network, you have to buy a ticket from the trains' last stop within Libero fare network and your tickets' validity.

Best,
Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES
fLiPfLoP
New Author

(deleted - replied in wrong spot)

RolandP
Traveller (platinum)

Hi @fLiPfLoP 

Yes, you can buy additional zones, these tickets are named 'Libero extension ticket'. https://www.mylibero.ch/de/tickets/anschlussbillett (German / French only).

If you leave the fare network, you have to buy a ticket from the trains' last stop within Libero fare network and your tickets' validity.

Best,
Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.

Hi RolandP,

Thanks a lot!

I was initially thinking of buying a ticket to Thun wherein the starting point is from the first zone outside of the Bern area but your solution works as well!

I did check and compare the prices via both methods and it is the same for both, so I guess it's basically the same logic either way.

Thanks again!