Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

3 Day Travel Pass Zurich to Zermatt and Zermatt to Luzern

New Author
0 Likes

Hello,

My wife and I are looking to book a 3 day travel pass for our trip in December.  We will be starting in Zurich on 14.12.2019 and heading to Zermatt on 15.12.19.  Will my travel pass cover the entire train journey from Zurich to Visp and Visp to Zermatt, or will there be fees above and beyond what I already pay with the 3 day travel pass?

Same question for our journey on 17.12.19 from Zermatt to Luzern.  Will the travel pass cover the entire rail portion of this trip, or is there a segment or connection not covered by the pass?

I am trying to determine total costs before I decide on buying the pass, point to point, or half fare card.

thanks

Re: 3 Day Travel Pass Zurich to Zermatt and Zermatt to Luzern

0 Likes

Hello @danieljdeland ,

For all your plans, there is no route that the Swiss Travel Pass doesn't cover.

Enjoy and have a nice day

SamanthaAd

New Author
0 Likes

Thank you. So there will be no extra fee for any of these trains I mention if I buy the travel pass? 

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @danieljdeland 

If you don't take a touristic train (e.g. Glacier Express), then the Swiss Travel Pass covers your mentioned routes. If you take a touristic train with obligatory seat reservation, you must pay the fee for the reservation separately in advance. All necessary information can be found on the following link: https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/travel-in-switzerland/international-guests.html 

Kind regards,
FatimaH