Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

1-month GA travelcard for non-Swiss residents?

Amphi
New Author
0 Likes

Dear sir/madam,

1) Can the 1-month GA Travelcard be purchased by residents from other countries than Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Germany, France and Italy?

2) If so, can they do so online (with identity check) as well, or only at manned railway stations?

3) How quickly is the GA 1-month travelcard valid for non-Swiss residents after purchase? Can they use it immediately or do they have to wait for processing/delivery?

4) Are there restrictions? For example: do non-Swiss residents have to buy a GA Travelcard with automatic renewal for at least 6 months, or are they too entitled to a regular 1-month GA Travelcard without any contract? And are there other restrictions I might be missing?

Thank for your helping me out and kind regards.

Re: 1-month GA travelcard for non-Swiss residents?

AferditaH
0 Likes

Hello @Amphi 

Thank you for your query.

You can find all the information on the GA Monthly Pass under the following link: 1-month GA Travelcard | SBB

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards, AferditaH

Re: 1-month GA travelcard for non-Swiss residents?

Amphi
New Author
0 Likes

Thanks @AferditaH. I had already studied pretty much all information about the 1-month GA travelcard I could find before asking my questions here. I used the page you linked to and I've read about payment options, the online identity check, the types of ID documents that are accepted, the online application form, and so on.

Still, I wasn't able to find clear answers to the specific questions I asked here and I'm still not sure if, how and under which circumstances non-Swiss residents can use this travel product. Could you help me out please? Thank you in advance!