Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.


Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Which pass should I use

New Member

My daily commute for work is from Hausen am Albis, Post to Thalwil, Schützenhaus. I will reside in Hausen am Albis for maybe 1 to 2 months before moving to my permanent residence. Which type of pass should I purchase?

For example if I purchase a 1-year point-to-point season ticket for adults for Zones 150, 151. When I move to a new residence, can I change the zones or upgrade to more zones if necessary?



Hi @xyn3rgy



If you buy an annual travelcard for other zones you will receive a pro rata reimbursement for the partially used annual travelcard. The annual price is re-calculated on a per-day basis; the unused time is credited at the time of the new purchase (without additional fees). The condition is that the returned travelcard is the original and that a replacement travelcard has not yet been issued.


You have also the possibility to buy monthly travelcards.


More information about ZVV you will find in the following link:


Kind regards