Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

Travel from Chur to Zermatt in October

New Author
0 Likes

I want to travel from Chur to Zermatt via the same route with Glacier Express on 16 Oct 2019 but, It look like the railway is under construction during that time.

Question 1: I have to take the bus instead right?

Question 2: Can I use Eurail pass?

Question 3: Can I walk in or do I need to make a reservation on your website? 

Re: Travel from Chur to Zermatt in October

0 Likes

Hello @RandomAsianGuy 

Thank you for your request.

In order to give you an accurate answer to question 1, I need to know your travel schedule?
Yes, you can use your Eurail for this trip and booking is mandatory for the Glacier Express. You must buy your reservation before taking this train.

I wish you a nice afternoon.

Best regards,
JulieL

New Author
0 Likes

Hi Julie,

Thanks for replying, my plan is to board the Glacier Express from Chur to Zermatt but, it is impossible now because the railroad Andermatt-Sedun, Lax-Oberwald and Visp-St. Nikalaus will be under construction.

Question 4:So what is the best option for?

1.Chur -(train)> Disentis -(bus R 827)> Andermatt -(bus R 541)> Visp -(bus R 241)> Zermatt

2.Chur -(train)> Zurich -(train)> Bern -(train)> Visp -(bus R 241)> Zermatt

Question 5: Can I use EURail pass for R 827, R 541, R 241?

Question 6:If I have to make the reservation, how can I make the reservaltion? (On discount page I didn't see the option for EURail pass)

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hi @RandomAsianGuy 

That's correct. Due to construction work from October 14h and November 10th, there are no trains running between Lax and Oberwald.

Please check the area of validity to find out for which routes your EuRail Pass is valid.