Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

SBB Mobile network travelcard

New Author
0 Likes

Hi,

In SBB Mobile under "My Settings \ My fare network travelcards" I added that I have ZVV 110.

Despite this if I plan a trip in Zurich, eg. from Albiesriederplatz to Paradeplatz, it still recommends me to buy a single ticket.

Does that mean that when I plan a trip out of my zone, I also pay for the zone for which I have a travelcard (110)?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions

Re: SBB Mobile network travelcard

0 Likes

Hi @Brigi 

For technical reasons, it is not yet possible to purchase a ZVV extention ticket only with certain zones on SBB.ch. It is imperative to enter a start and end destination station. Although the stretch of journey is shown shortly before finalising the purchase, this is not indicated on the ticket. Only the amount of additional zones are correctly shown.

We therefore recommend that you enter a stop within the zone, which is the closest to the area of validity of your already purchased ticket, as your starting point.

For example:
You already possess a ticket for the zone 110 and would like to travel to Winterthur. Enter a place in the neighbouring zone 121 as your starting point ( e.g. Wallisellen) and "Winterthur" as your end destination.

Kind regards
SandraI

View solution in original post

All Replies

0 Likes

Hello @Brigi 

If you plan to travel beyond the validity area of your ticket or travelcard, you can purchase a zone upgrade for the additional zones. Zone upgrades are available as short-duration tickets and day passes. These tickets can also be purchased at the counter in advance (single ticket that requires stamping).

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

New Author
0 Likes

Hi Manuela, 

Thanks for your reply. 

My question is that why the application suggests me to buy a ticket for a zone which I have a tracelcard. 

Thanks, 

Brigi

0 Likes

Hi @Brigi 

For technical reasons, it is not yet possible to purchase a ZVV extention ticket only with certain zones on SBB.ch. It is imperative to enter a start and end destination station. Although the stretch of journey is shown shortly before finalising the purchase, this is not indicated on the ticket. Only the amount of additional zones are correctly shown.

We therefore recommend that you enter a stop within the zone, which is the closest to the area of validity of your already purchased ticket, as your starting point.

For example:
You already possess a ticket for the zone 110 and would like to travel to Winterthur. Enter a place in the neighbouring zone 121 as your starting point ( e.g. Wallisellen) and "Winterthur" as your end destination.

Kind regards
SandraI

View solution in original post

New Author
0 Likes

Hi Sandral, 

I see. Thanks for your help. 

Kind regards, 

Brigi