Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

SBB APP - Purchase Authorization failed

Traveller
0 Likes

SBB APP - Purchase Authorization failed

"Error code soap:server (id: D8Y8ATg)"

This is the error message i am encountering again and again on my app. Even though my card id working.

Same issue with the online website.

Re: SBB APP - Purchase Authorization failed

Traveller
0 Likes

I had to rush to the Basel SBB railway station to get it sorted out. The problem is with their app and their website (sbb.ch). I was looking for tickets for tomorrow (10th May 2018) from Basel to Gruyeres. On searching, it suggests a saver-day pass for 29 CHF. This , as per the representative to whom I spoke at the SBB counter in Basel, is wrong. This option of 29 CHF should not appear in the first place.

Because of this my 1.5 hours got wasted, first trying to book, and then running to the station to get it sorted.

Disappointed by the overall experience of using SBB app and website.

IMG_6265.PNG

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @nikhilthemacho

We cannot determine the reason why your credit card was declined. It can happen that we reject credit card transactions for reasons of security. This action is primarily intended to protect the card holder.

If you received notice that your credit card was declined you must call your credit card company directly.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Greetings, ValerieS

Traveller
0 Likes

Hi @ValerieS

As I mentioned in my reply to the original post, the issue was not with my credit card, but with the data which was availble on SBB Website and the SBB App.

You may refer to the screenshot which I have attached in my reply.

Also, the personnel at the Basel Railway station confirmed to me that the "29 CHF saver day pass" option was incorrect and should not have been there in the first place.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes

Hi @nikhilthemacho

We apologize for the misunderstanding. My colleague assumed, on the basis of the title of your post, that it was a question of credit card acceptance.

We are aware of the error with the display of the saver day passes. The bug will be fixed within this week. We apologize for the mistake.

Kind regards
SandraI

New Author
0 Likes

I have called the Bank too and the Bank checked out that there is no transaction record of "refusal of authorization" on my card so far. The bank also confirm that there is no limit so far for using my card on overseas online purchase. It indicates that your payment system has never successfully transferred the payment request to bank tutuapp.