Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

What happens if I haven't paid my SBB train ticket fine in 5+ years? (Asking for a friend)

David36
New Author
0 Likes

Hey guys,

I was in Geneva, got caught standing in the SBB first-class section with a 2nd class ticket, and of course, they fined me. This was 5 years ago and I didn't pay the fine. Now, I'm traveling back to Swiss for work and was wondering if they'll stop me at the airport border or similar or what are the potential ramifications?

Accepted Solutions

Re: What happens if I haven't paid my SBB train ticket fine in 5+ years? (Asking for a friend)

FatimaH
0 Likes

Hello @David36 

Thank you for your query.

Concerning your fine "Travelling without a valid ticket" please get in contact with the responsible department:

SBB Service Center Revenue - Zurich
SBB AG
Passenger Traffic
Central Revenue Services
P.O. Box
8048 Zurich

Phone: 0848 00 11 33 (local rate/Monday - Friday 8.00-17.00)
Internet: www.sbb.ch/en/rogf

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards,
FatimaH

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: What happens if I haven't paid my SBB train ticket fine in 5+ years? (Asking for a friend)

FatimaH
0 Likes

Hello @David36 

Thank you for your query.

Concerning your fine "Travelling without a valid ticket" please get in contact with the responsible department:

SBB Service Center Revenue - Zurich
SBB AG
Passenger Traffic
Central Revenue Services
P.O. Box
8048 Zurich

Phone: 0848 00 11 33 (local rate/Monday - Friday 8.00-17.00)
Internet: www.sbb.ch/en/rogf

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards,
FatimaH

View solution in original post

David36
New Author
0 Likes