Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings, for refunds and to report lost items.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Customer service a bad joke

Mot

I had bought a ticket to Waldshut on Wednesday, but due to the meeting being cancelled at short notice I filed for a refund before the start of the journey. Now after 6 days without hearing from “customer support” and a complaint they let me know that they need proof of a “new” ticket to process the refund, even though this will only take place in about two months and the date has been fixed yet.

It’s not the first time that I’m treated not as a customer, but a mere nuisance. Unacceptable.

1 REPLY
EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi @Mot 

It depends on what you mean by "at short notice". 

If you have purchased a point-to-point ticket online at the standard fare, you still have the option of having the ticket refunded up to one day before the travel date via the online form or directly by telephone.

Point-to-point tickets in paper form can only be returned up to the day before of travel date at an sbb counter during office hours.

Supersaver tickets, on the other hand, can actually not be cancelled at all, with a few exceptions:

- Tickets purchased more than once (travel date, timetable connection and passenger - surname, first name and date of birth - are identical).
- Ticket with erroneously entered date or departure time: refund only possible before the start of validity of the ticket. It must be possible to prove the purchase of a new ticket with an identical route for the same person.
- Tickets with incorrect personal details (surname, first name or date of birth). It must be possible to prove the purchase of a new ticket with an identical timetable connection and the correct personal details.
- Ticket purchased for the wrong customer group (day ticket/savings ticket without Half-Fare Card or full fare instead of reduced fare). Reimbursement may only be made if it can be proven that the correct ticket was purchased subsequently (timetable connection and passenger - surname, first name and date of birth - are identical). In this case, a full refund must be made in any case.
- Proven inability to travel (illness, accident) confirmed by medical certificate.
- In the event of death

We offer our customers the possibility of an exchange or a refund if the person contacts us before the travel and depending on the type of ticket the person has. These are the rules. 

You can find all information you need about the officials refund conditions here : Tickets for Switzerland 

I wish you a great day. EllenvS.