Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings, for refunds and to report lost items.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

luggage transfer question

cboyd

Hello, I am flying into Munich March 17, then Prague for business for a week, after that I am flying from Prague to Geneva on March 27 where I am meeting a friend. Is it possible to use the luggage service to transport my skis from Munich airport to Geneva airport where I will pick then up a week later or is it possible to send my ski bag from munich airport or hotel in munich to my friend's house in switzerland? If so, how much would that cost.

Thank you 

5 REPLIES
SarahI
Traveller (platinum)

Hey @cboyd,

Thanks for your message.

If you are travelling by air from, or arriving at Geneva airport with the airline Swiss (and only with this one), we can transport your flight luggage. 

You’ll find all the our luggage services options here: https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/luggage-and-flight-luggage/flight-luggage/flight-lug....

Greetings,
SarahI

I purchased the "Flight Luggage" door to door from USA to Zurich Switzerland and was told that I would receive a REQUIRED "Green Sleeve" to put custom documents in and attach to my luggage.  I have not received them.  I've sent emails and called the number on my confirmation on to be put on hold for over an hour and never had a human pick up the phone.  What do I need to do??  Thank you.

Hi @DGerard

Thank you for your request.

Where did you do the door to door Flight Luggage? Can you give me an order number?

You can receive information or assistance by mail info.usa@myswitzerland.com or by phone:
1-800-794-7795 (https://www.myswitzerland.com/de-ch/services-support.html?nodeid=48402)

Greetings
NicolasK 

I called the number and spent an hour on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone. They never did, so I hung up. I just need instructions on where the "green sleeves" are that my document are supposed to go in for the transfer. Where I take my luggage when I get to the airport here in the US. How much time before my flight leaves do I have to check my luggage in? My order #1334665

Dear @DGerard

I’m sorry I can’t help you with this order number. I have no possibility to check the order of the luggage, because it’s not made with our system. Therefor you need to contact the address above, maybe try to contact them by mail. Regarding the check-in in the US, you need to ask by the other service.

The check-in time for baggage is defined by the airline company. This information should be mentioned on your travel documents.

I hope you will get all the needed information and we are looking forward to see you soon in Switzerland.

Best regards
NicolasK