Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings, for refunds and to report lost items.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Train opened doors on the wrong side.

Ax
New Author

The S8 train did something unexpected at the Bach SZ station at 19:16 (going in the Pfaffikon direction). It opened doors on the left side, instead of right. I saw two people exiting the train and jumping or falling down on the wrong side. This seems to me extremely dangerous and probably life-threatening, I don't think trains should ever do that.

Also I noticed the train was showing the wrong direction on the display at that time (Wintertur).

2 REPLIES
SandraI
Commuter (silver)

Hi @Ax

We definitely need to report this. Thank you for your feedback.

Please answer the following question: Was it the train S8 18871, that arrived in Bäch SZ on platform 1 at 19:12 (direction Pfäffikon SZ) or the train S8 18874, that arrived in Bäch on platform 2 at 19:16 (direction Winterthur)?

Kind regards
SandraI

I don't recall the train number.

But it was *definitely* the train at 19:12, direction Pfäffikon SZ, arriving on platform 1.

I mentioned the later time since it might have had a small delay and I usually remember the x:16 times as I look at the watch when entering the train. Sorry for confusion.

Also as I mentioned previously the train was displaying the opposite direction on the internal displays (i think throughout my journey from Zurich Enge)