Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings, for refunds and to report lost items.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Seat Reservation Nightjet Zurich

SOLVED
sudexpress
New Author

I would like to know

1. if the Nighjet 31402 (Zurich - Amsterdam) and the InteCity 60402 (same route, exactly same hours of departure and arrival are the same train, running on different codes or different cars?

2. how can i make a seat reservation on these trains? 

I am travelling with friends with an Interrail Global Pass, but when trying to make the reservation on the SBB app the connection fail and shows Error Code: ZVS-REISE-6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi @sudexpress 

1. The NightJet is a night train and passengers travel in sleeping cars with beds. The InterCity is a normal day train with completely different carriages and normal seats.

2. Seat reservation with a Global Pass Interrail is not possible online in our webshop. We can make the reservation for you by telephone and send you the tickets by post, or you can collect the tickets at one of ours sbb counters. Unfortunately, we do not have the option of making the reservation and sending the documents to you by e-mail. 

You can contact our Rail Service on +41 848 44 66 88 (0.08/min.) or, if this number doesn't work, on +41 51 225 78 00. 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
sudexpress
New Author

Thank you very much for the answer. I asked because when searching, two results are displayed - one for the IC and one for the NJ - both have same hours of departures and arrival (see picture). The NJ have don't have seats? Other question, please: do you know how much coast the seat reservation for the IC departing Zurich ate 21:59, and arriving Amsterdam next morning, with the onterrail glopal pass? The tickets can be sent abroad? I am now living in Portugal.

Thank you so much your your time.

Samuel Freire

sbb.png

EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi @sudexpress 

1. The NightJet is a night train and passengers travel in sleeping cars with beds. The InterCity is a normal day train with completely different carriages and normal seats.

2. Seat reservation with a Global Pass Interrail is not possible online in our webshop. We can make the reservation for you by telephone and send you the tickets by post, or you can collect the tickets at one of ours sbb counters. Unfortunately, we do not have the option of making the reservation and sending the documents to you by e-mail. 

You can contact our Rail Service on +41 848 44 66 88 (0.08/min.) or, if this number doesn't work, on +41 51 225 78 00. 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.