Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Highlighted

SBB luggage service

New Author
0 Likes
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to send the luggage from one station to another station which would then be picked up by my friend at the destination station? Both my friend and I have the Half fare travelcard and Gleis 7.

Thank you.
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hi @Emmamiaow

Yes, that's possible.

Please mention when you hand in your luggage that another person will pick it up.

More information: www.sbb.ch/luggage

Kind regards
SandraI

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
What kind of information of the other person do I need to provide?
If I book station to station luggage service from Brig, CH to Frankfurt, DE, does the ticket from Basel onwards to Germany has to be on the same date that the luggage is sent?
If I only want to book station to station luggage from Brig to Basel SBB, is the gleis 7 card enough to book the service or do I still need to buy a train ticket for that journey?

Thank you.
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @Emmamiaow

Luggage may only be presented with a valid ticket for the whole route. We deliver the luggage only to a destination address in Germany not to a railway station.
For delivering the luggages to a destination address in Germany we need the following informations:
Name, first name
Address
Postcode

More informations you will receive directly in a railway station or on the following link: https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/luggage/luggage/station-to-door-luggage-germany.html

Greetings,
FatimaH