Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

Questions about Half Fare Card online plus using SBB Mobile App

0 Likes

Hello, 

I have tried several times, with no success, to buy two Half Fare Cards print@home because my payment would not go on because of 3D Secure at the sbb.com website. (I don't have any banks in my country who support that credit card program, I guess is the 3D secure issue because I can shop online internationally on other regular websites with no problem) 

1) Would I be succesfull if I try this webpage? Is this an official SBB website as well? 

https://www.swissrailways.com/en?affiliateid=1&currency=CHF

2) Any other official SBB website with a different payment processor that I can try to buy the Half Fare Card?

3) If I am able to buy both Half Fare Cards, and my payment finally go on, would I be able to link those Cards with the SBB Mobile App and be able to buy there my tickets with the 50% reduction as I go in my Switzerland trip? (I plan to be connected during my stay)

Thanks

Re: Questions about Half Fare Card online plus using SBB Mobile App

Traveller (bronze)
0 Likes

Hello @ladec

"Verified by Visa", "MasterCard SecureCode", "American Express SafeKey" and "Diners ProtectBuy" are based on a technology called 3D-Secure. This service ensures, that only you may purchase online using your credit card.

If your credit card is signed on for 3D-Secure, a pop-up window will appear during the payment transaction, in which your 3D-Secure password is requested as well as your pre-selected security message. The password identifies you clearly as the cardholder. The indicated security message gives you the assurance that your password verification was carried out by your credit card company.

This pop-up window is automatically blended in by your credit card company and is not governed by the SBB.

For further queries regarding payment using your credit card, please contact your credit card company.

You can order your Swiss Travel System Half Fare Card also on the following page: http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-ch/transport-travel/tickets-for-guests-from-abroad/public-transport-.... Its not our website, so I don't know there payment processor.

Kind regards, KerstinI