cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an update for Lost Baggage report

New Author
0 Likes
Hello!

I am Garvit Agrawal from India. On the 26th of May, I travelled from Bern to Zofingen in the morning on a train which went on to Lucerne. I left a trolley bag on the overhead shelf as I deboarded at Zofingen.

After I realised, I travelled to Lucerne to check for my luggage at the SBB office. I was told to file an online report and if the bag is found, SBB will contact me.

I did so, and the reference number is K2018/068221. I was hoping to get an update about the same.

Regards,
Garvit

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need an update for Lost Baggage report

0 Likes

Hello @ GarvitAgrawal

As requested, we have notified you by SMS. Your luggage is ready for collection at Zurich Airport. If you're not in Switzerland anymore. Please let us know as soon as possible. So that we can arrange the dispatch of your luggage.

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

All Replies

0 Likes

Hello @ GarvitAgrawal

As requested, we have notified you by SMS. Your luggage is ready for collection at Zurich Airport. If you're not in Switzerland anymore. Please let us know as soon as possible. So that we can arrange the dispatch of your luggage.

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

New Author
0 Likes
Hello Manuela,

Thanks for your response. I did not receive the SMS until now, which is why I posted the query. Perhaps there is an issue with my number with international SMSs.

Anyway, thank you very very much for locating my luggage. I am now back at home in India, in Noida near New Delhi. I can send you my home address, just let me know how/to whom I should send it. Also if there's a fee and how I should pay it.

1 more thing, could you also let me know when it was found?

Thanks again,
Garvit Agrawal

0 Likes

Hello @GarvitAgrawal

We have forwarded your request to the responsible office. You will be contacted directly by the lost and found office by e-mail. This e-mail explains the fees and how to proceed.

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes
Hi,

Thanks for your efforts. I had a great stay in Switzerland, and the train journeys were a big part of it.

Best regards,
Garvit Agrawal

New Author
0 Likes
Hello,

So I received the e-mail today with all the details and the charges.

Since the cost of getting the bag home is much more than what the contents are worth and because I did not have any other important stuff in it, I decided not to take the bag.

Instead, I have suggested to donate the clothes to charity or to individuals in need, rather than disposing.

Thought I should let you know.

Thanks,

Garvit Agrawal