Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

Luggage Collection at Station

Hobie1
Traveller
0 Likes

Hi, I plan to send my luggage from Zurich airport station to Zermatt station. From Zurich I'll be doing an 8-day Alps trek which finishes in Zermatt where I would like to collect my luggage. Will Zermatt station hold my luggage for several days beyond the standard 3 days?  I realise there will be additional costs but I need to know that my luggage will be safely held until I arrive at Zermatt.  Also, I presume I should indicate my anticipated pick-up date when I check my luggage into the Zurich airport train station office.  Thanks for any guidance.

Bob

Accepted Solutions

Hobie1
Traveller
0 Likes

Thank you for your reply  This answers my question  

View solution in original post

All Replies

FatimaH
0 Likes

Hello @Hobie1 

Thank you for your query.

You have a free storage on the day of arrival and the following four days. Every subsequent day costs CHF 5. Unfortunately we do not have an exact regulation how long the luggage stays at the station. Please inform the employee in Zurich when you will pick up your luggage in Zermatt. So that we can make a note of this on your luggage order.

I wish you a pleasant stay in Switzerland.

Greetings,
FatimaH

Hobie1
Traveller
0 Likes

Thank you for your reply  This answers my question  

View solution in original post