Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Highlighted

Lost luggage - Samsonite

New Author
0 Likes

Hi! I have left my luggage (a blue Samsonite carry on with 4 wheels) on a train from Zurich directed to Geneva Airport on the 29th of November. The train was the n. 728 and the luggage was in between seats  on the train. 

I have already filed a report with the number K2019/175741 but it’s already been 4 days and no news of the item found. 

I am also quite disappointed in the service right now. Once I realized my luggage was lost I went immediately to speak to the relevant people at Lausanne station who told me that I could pay 50.- and ask the train crew to check the train whilst in moment. Well, I offered to pay right there and then and they told me they were sorry but they were going to close in 10 minutes so there was no time for me to do it there.. I understand that everyone wants to go home after a work shift but probably had they cared enough about the situation I would have already found my luggage. In addition, they told me to call a number which is meant to be 27/7, so I did. Only after 30 trials and and hour later I get an answer from someone saying that there was nothing for me to do at that point me that if I wanted the train to be searched I should have done it whilst still in moment - well... I would have if someone had helped me out on time

Regardless of whether my luggage will be found or not, which at this point I doubt unfortunately. please next time you see someone who has lost something important to them try to act like you care. I know you might have dozens of people a day who look for their lost things but underhand that this is very important so you shouldn’t dismiss them so easily. 

Is there anything I can do at this point? and is there anyone that can call or contact me at this point to discuss it better? I had tried calling Geneva Airport and Geneva (SBB contacts)  but now answer at all. 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost luggage - Samsonite

0 Likes

Hi @labovi 

You should be informed automatically about the status of the search after four days (and again after ten days).

Please call +41 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min) for more information.

Kind regards
SandraI

View solution in original post

All Replies

0 Likes

Hi @labovi 

You should be informed automatically about the status of the search after four days (and again after ten days).

Please call +41 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min) for more information.

Kind regards
SandraI

View solution in original post

New Author
0 Likes

Thanks for replying! Okay, I will try and give them another call