Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings, for refunds and to report lost items.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Lost bag (Fred Perry)

danielgageAUS
New Author

Hello,

In the rush of getting off a train to get onto the next, I very stupidly forgot to grab one of my bags that I had left on train EC 10007. I boarded this train at 13:55 at Basel SBB and got off at Bern. I have filed a lost and found form (K2022/xxxxxx) on the 26th of June (the day I lost it). However I have not heard anything yet.

The bag would be placed in the overhead storage. It is a grey Fred Perry “duffle” bag (I.e gym type bag) - I can label everything in there, with flight tickets and other things that also have my name on it.

I fly out of Switzerland on the 29th, and there are some valuable things (family videos etc) that are very important to me. Today I tried asking around about the train etc. however the train encountered an “incident in another country” and was cancelled heading from Basel SBB to Interlaken Ost.

How long can this process take? Is it most likely lost if this bag has not been found within two days of being lost? 

Best regards,

Daniel

1 REPLY
DafineM

Hello Daniel, 

After 4 to 10 days you will receive a notification of the status of your loss report by SMS, e-mail or letter.
However, you can contact our customer service hotline on +41848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min). The client advisors have the opportunity to check the status of the loss report.
I wish you the best of luck and hope your luggage is found.

Best regards/ DafineM