Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings, for refunds and to report lost items.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

International Reservations with SBB Contact Center

SOLVED
MS320
New Author

Grüezi!

I will be travelling on the night train from Zürich to Slovenia with an Interrail pass next month, and as such I need a seat reservation. I've already come to the conclusion that requesting it by phone via the SBB Contact Center is the best option, but I don't actually know how the whole booking process occurs. I've read that I will need to collect my ticket at a station counter, but is it possible to choose in which station I wish to pick it up? And when and how does the payment occur, immediately after booking or only when collecting the ticket? Will I receive any sort of email confirmation of the booking?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EleonoraS
Pendler/in

Hello @MS320 

thank you for your question. 

Usually the SBB Contact Center takes payments by phone with credit cards and they send the ticket per post, or they take the credid card information as guarantee for the reservation and you pick up the tickets at any train station in switwerland. 

Since you are in Slovenia, I suggest the second option.

1. call the SBB Contact Center and make the reservation
2. give your credit card as a guarantee: you will receive an order number
3. pick up the tickets once you arrive in Switzerland by giving the order number to the colleagues at the station
4. pay with whichever method you prefer. 

Regards

EleonoraS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
EleonoraS
Pendler/in

Hello @MS320 

thank you for your question. 

Usually the SBB Contact Center takes payments by phone with credit cards and they send the ticket per post, or they take the credid card information as guarantee for the reservation and you pick up the tickets at any train station in switwerland. 

Since you are in Slovenia, I suggest the second option.

1. call the SBB Contact Center and make the reservation
2. give your credit card as a guarantee: you will receive an order number
3. pick up the tickets once you arrive in Switzerland by giving the order number to the colleagues at the station
4. pay with whichever method you prefer. 

Regards

EleonoraS

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly!

I have indeed had to provide my credit card information as a guarantee, but now I can pick up my ticket using the order number I was given. I even asked the attendant to send a confirmation email with the reservation number, a request they complied with immediately.

A huge thanks to SBB for handling everything with the usual excellency and efficiency.