Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

Fine appeal

SOLVED
Student123
New Author

I bought the tickets through the sbb mobile app, and I am not sure why, but I believe that due to a glitch the payment did not go through. However, I only realised that I did not have a ticket when the controller came, and I got a fine. When I tried to explain the situation, the controller seemed to not care about my situation and fined me anyway, which I understand as it is her job.

However, it is not my first time taking the train, and I know that every time i take the train there is the controller, additionally I have also purchased the half fare card in order to save money. Therefore I have no reason to board without a ticket, as i know the fine would cost me more than the actual ticket and my half fare card.
Would it be possible to appeal for the fine? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Student123 

I suggest you wait a little bit longer and if they still have not replied, you can try and call them directly at the number @VlaznimA wrote.

I wish you a pleasant day. 

Greeting

EleonoraS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES
VlaznimA
Hello @Student123 

This is the wrong contact. I ask you to contact the following responsible office:

SBB Service Center Einnahmen - Zürich

SBB AG
Personenverkehr
Zentrale Einnahmensicherung
Postfach
8048 Zürich

0848 00 11 33 (Mo -Fr 8h00 - 17h00, local rate) or via e-mail fahrausweiskontrolle@sbb.ch.

Thank you for your understanding and have a great day.

Greetings, VlaznimA.

Thank you for the contract information. 
I have already emailed them, however they have not responded yet. 

What should I do in the meantime? Because I believe that there is a deadline to pay for the fine(I do not know when, but according to my research on the SBB website, it is 20 days), and if the deadline passes, there will be more fees to be paid.

Hello @Student123 

I suggest you wait a little bit longer and if they still have not replied, you can try and call them directly at the number @VlaznimA wrote.

I wish you a pleasant day. 

Greeting

EleonoraS