Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings, for refunds and to report lost items.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Day Pass for 2 and Half-Fare Card discounts

msmi237
New Author

Hello,

I'm trying to plan out a trip for two using the Day Pass for 2 in conjunction with one Half-Fare Card. However, I'm not sure what the Day Pass for 2 covers. We are trying to get from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch. I read in the "conditions" that only the person with Half-Fare Card will get a discount on mountain railways. My question is, at what point does the person with just the Day Pass for 2 start paying full-price on the mountain railway to Jungfraujoch? For the person with the Half-Fare Card, do they get the full 50% discount or is it a lower discount on the mountain rail?

In addition, we are trying to take the train from Jungfraujoch to Gruben, and then Gruben to Zermatt. Are these routes also discounted under the Half-Fare Ticket and the Day Pass for 2?

Thank you kindly for any advice

1 REPLY
SandraI
Commuter (silver)

Hi msmi237 
Please find the area of validity für the day pass for 2 here.

For your journey you need two connecting tickets from Wengen to Jungfraujoch. One ticket with 50% discount and one ticket at full price.

The day pass for 2 is valid for your journeys to Gruben and Zermatt.

Kind regards
SandraI