Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Highlighted

Connection / Transfer Times

New Author
0 Likes

My wife and I are traveling from Interlaken to Paris with 3 kids (ages 15, 13 and 9).  All of the options only show a 5 minute connection / transfer time in Basel.  Is that enough time?  Is that typical?  Thanks.

Re: Connection / Transfer Times

0 Likes

Hello @howkap 

Thank you for your request.

Normally, it is enough time for changing the train in Basel. But we recommend you to take an earlier train from Interlaken to Basel, because the international trains are not waiting for other connections. 

I wish you a nice day. 

Kind regards,

MarinaZ

New Author
0 Likes

Thank you.  When searching, I'm trying to limit our transfers to only 2 trains.  It doesn't look like it's allowing me to confirm an earlier train from Interlaken to Basel without an extra stop.  So do I need to buy a ticket from Interlaken to Basel and then a separate ticket from Basel to Paris?  

If we purchase tickets from Basel to Paris at a specific time and can get on an earlier train, can we do that?    

0 Likes

Hello @howkap 

It depends on the ticket. With a Supersaver Ticket (Switzerland) you must make the selected connection. With a normal price ticket (Individual Tickets )you can take any connection for the same route on the same day.

For the train from Basel SBB to Paris you book the ticket with seat reservation and therefore this train has to be taken.

Kind regards
ManuelaPf