Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

Bags down campaign

Traveller
0 Likes

Hi

I would like to suggest SBB starts a social campaign to get commuters to be more polite and sympathetic to other.

1) put there bags underneath seat, not hog the seats next to them.

2) bags off backs when standing in a full train

There are some good examples from Singapore MRT that could be used.

Seems people like to try occupying as much space as possible and expect to be asked to move bags, before they do it themselves. I find this very puzzling?  Perhaps an education campaign with signage in trains and trams could start to change behaviors

Ich sollte nicht fragen müssen, ob der Platz frei ist.
Highlighted

Re: Bags down campaign

0 Likes

Hello @Damstardam

We've had something similar with the S-Bahn before. 

Clever commuting: https://company.sbb.ch/en/sbb-as-business-partner/federal-government-cantons/regional-traffic/zurich... 

But I'll forward your input to the appropriate department. 

We wish you a nice day.

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

Re: Bags down campaign

Traveller
0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know you have tried.  I've stared using SBB more often in the last few months and hadn't seen visible signage of this nature.  I am still amazed at people taking up all 4 chairs for bags and coats, and then getting annoyed when they are asked to move it.

Here is a link for your colleagues to have a look at.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/public-transport/mrt-and-lrt-trains/graciousness-on-pt/grac...

The signage would need to be quite visible on platforms, in the trains and trams.  Perhaps the conductors can also make a comment to people who are visibly being less gracious.

Campaign name could be : "Ich sollte nicht fragen müssen, ob der Platz frei ist."

Ich sollte nicht fragen müssen, ob der Platz frei ist.