Security breach - personal data shown in app

Neuer Autor
0 Likes

Personal information is shown in the app WITHOUT the need for a further entry of the password.  I need to be logged into the app in order to make purchases quickly (e.g. class upgrade).  But I do NOT want my personal information - including birthday, address and email !! - available to anyone else. 

Normally with secure information the password must be entered again.  You even say that you cannot change information in the app, but must log into swisspass.  So why not just have to log into swisspass to see account information in the first place? 

At the VERY least please hide such sensitive information (given hacking and identity theft nowadays) behind a wall requiring the password to be entered again.

Many many websites do this for security - email, amazon etc. to make sure that if you leave your app open, you are not putting your information at risk.

Please consider this an urgent fix requirement, thank you.

Highlighted

Betreff: Security breach - personal data shown in app

Reisende/r (Gold)
0 Likes

I don't see the problem: the personal information is only visible to users of the app on your smartphone. If you protect your smartphone, the information is not visible to others. Like a PC, a smartphone contains a lot of personal information: files, e-mails, photos... It would not be feasible to protect every single app. The user would have to enter a passcode on the opening of every app. Instead, users can lock the entire smartphone.

Neuer Autor
0 Likes

Hi there.  I know a lot of people agree with you, and I used to as well.   But nowadays I have gone to some trouble to protect my identity on my smartphone in the event of loss.  The problem I have here is that the app gives *direct* access to "deeper level" data.  I think that personal data like birth dates should be treated as confidentially as my visa card - and no app allows direct access to that! 

It is very common for apps and websites to require the same login password again before going into account areas with confidential information (which is not often changed).  I would like that feature on the app.  Nowadays I think that organizations like the SBB should be doing more to help with data protection and privacy. 

Reisende/r (Gold)
0 Likes
This could be implemented as an optional feature. But the "show ticket" function would also need to be protected as every ticket shows the name and birth date.

Jetzt herunterladen

Möchtest du als Erste(r) neue Funktionen testen? Dann lade jetzt die SBB Mobile Preview App für Android oder iOS herunter.