By using the SBB Community, you declare that you agree to these terms and conditions of use.
The version of the terms and conditions of use valid at the specific time that the SBB Community is used shall apply in each case. As SBB reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, you should visit this page regularly to find out about any changes. Additional terms and conditions may potentially apply when you make purchases via our websites, take advantage of certain options or enter competitions.
1. SBB provides the Community platform to facilitate this dialogue between customers. The views and opinions expressed are those of the individual authors and not those of SBB.
Posts must not contain any of the following in particular:
a) Illegal and any other undesirable content, specifically any content that is offensive, defamatory, racist, discriminatory, hateful, sexist, pornographic, vulgar, harassing, threatening, abusive or that glorifies violence or causes harm in any other way.
b) Posts that infringe on the rights of third parties.
Only upload photographs, images, etc. with the consent of any person(s) appearing in them. Only upload content for which you possess all the rights required for the intended use (especially copyright) (i.e. only photographs you have taken yourself, for instance).
c) Posts that have only a tenuous link, if any, to the published topic or to the aim of “customers helping customers” or that are entirely or partly promotional in nature.
d) The Community platform may not be used to transmit chain e-mails, viruses, Trojans, etc. or other components of this kind.
2. SBB reserves the right to refrain from publishing all or part of a post or to remove all or part of it without consulting its authors if the moderators believe that it contains prohibited content. The author’s user profile may be blocked in such cases. The author can also expect to face legal action in the event of extremely severe abuse.
3. The author’s username is appended to every post. Clicking on the respective username allows you to view the user’s public profile. Every user has a public profile, which matches the information in the corresponding Facebook or SwissPass account that was selected for registration. The user can change this information after registration under “My Settings”.
4. All visits to a topic or post are logged on an anonymised basis. The figures will be shown in the topics overview (visits).
5. SBB reserves the right
- to contact users in exceptional cases,
- to analyse the use of the Community platform in an anonymised form for statistical purposes,
- to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
We would ask the whole SBB Community to report any breaches of these rules to us using the “Report Inappropriate Content” function.
6. SBB cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions in the content that it incorporates into the Community. In addition, SBB does not assume any liability whatsoever for the content incorporated by users into the Community.
To the extent permissible by law, SBB rejects all liability for loss or damage of any kind that users or third parties could incur in conjunction with accessing or using the SBB Community. Furthermore, SBB AG accepts no responsibility for the content or availability of third-party websites that are accessed and/or displayed via external links leading from the SBB Community platform. We hereby dissociate ourselves from all potentially illegal or immoral content.
Insofar as the availability of the Community is interrupted, SBB shall not bear any liability towards the user in respect of data losses or other damage or loss incurred as a result.
Valid as at 30 May 2017
Author: SBB AG, Passenger Traffic/Digital Business, Wylerstrasse 123/125, CH-3000 Bern 65