Schritt 1

Hier findest Du Hilfe von Kunde zu Kunde. Suche in bestehenden Diskussionen oder stelle Deine Fragen.

Vor

Schritt 2

Tipps & Tricks, die Dir den Alltag erleichtern.

Zurück Vor

Schritt 3

Hier siehst Du immer die neusten Beiträge aus allen Bereichen der Community.

Zurück Tour beenden

Point to Point Passes - Glacier Express -

GELÖST
ExcitedTraveler
Neuer Autor

Hello, 

I am looking at purchasing in advance the point to point Glacier express from Zermatt to Chur - I see I can do this in advance (60 days) but I have a few questions: 

1. Can you get on and off at any station with the Point to Point tickets

2. The price is 52 CHF but does that include my seat or do I have to pay extra for that? 

Thank you 

Excited Traveler 

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG
MuvOn
Reisende/r (Gold)

Theoretically yes:
All Swiss Rail tickets (for this route) are also valid on the GEX. However, a seat reservation is mandatory on this train.
You can get off freely, but to get back on you need a new seat reservation for the GEX. Of course, you can also take another train that does not require a reservation.

The tickets you buy for the GEX have the reservation included.
If you buy a ticket for another train on this route, the reservation is not included, but this supplement can be purchased later without any problems, provided that there are still seats available.

--
MuvOn the next station!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 ANTWORTEN
MuvOn
Reisende/r (Gold)

Theoretically yes:
All Swiss Rail tickets (for this route) are also valid on the GEX. However, a seat reservation is mandatory on this train.
You can get off freely, but to get back on you need a new seat reservation for the GEX. Of course, you can also take another train that does not require a reservation.

The tickets you buy for the GEX have the reservation included.
If you buy a ticket for another train on this route, the reservation is not included, but this supplement can be purchased later without any problems, provided that there are still seats available.

--
MuvOn the next station!

Thank you so much! 

What is GEX? 

So I am going to take 3 trains in total, Panama Express and the Glacier Express & a train from Zurich to Zermatt - it is just 2 of us, and when I do that math the half fair and Swiss pass don't save me money. 

Would it be in your opinion to do the point to point passes as I have specific dates I need to travel anyway. 

Thank you so much 

GEX is the abbreviation for the Glacier Express. This is one of the few exceptions in Switzerland where a seat reservation is mandatory.

If this is your only trip in Switzerland, a Half-Fare or GA is not worth it.

However, a cheaper option could be an saver day pass (if the whole trip takes place in one day): https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/day-pass/saver-day-pass.html
Or if there are other trips on other days an Interrail ticket: https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/one-country-pass/switzerland

--
MuvOn the next station!

This is awesome thank you so much 

One last question please, If I book my tickets on SBB, will it allow me to purchase my seat at the same time, or do I have to go and do that on a different webpage? 

Thanks so much 

Hi @ExcitedTraveler 

Thank you for your request.

You can buy the reservation at the station ticket office. Please note that the saver day pass cannot be purchased at the ticket office, only online or on the SBB Mobile application.

I wish you a nice day.

Regards
NicolasK